Monday, January 30, 2012

How often should I water Tomato plants and are they best in the afternoon shade, do they need to be propped up

They should be in full sun but may need shade if you are growing them in a greenhouse. If they are not bush varieties you will need to support them. Water them 2/3 times a week really well. This means watering until the water runs through if they are in pots or about a watering can per plant if in the ground. Once they are fruiting heavily and have grown to full size you may need to water more often.

How often should I water Tomato plants and are they best in the afternoon shade, do they need to be propped up
I live in Texas, I have to water at least once a day. I also stake my plants up. there are several ways to do this. Cages work for most people with just a few plants.


The plant will let you know if it needs water, look at the leaves. if they point down water them. Hot afternoons here makes it to were I water 3 times a day in late summer. I get hundreds of pounds a year
Reply:Tomato cages.


All day sun.


Water everyday at the same hour if you do not get rain.





Go here.....How To Grow Tomatoes:





http://www.ehow.com/how_535_grow-tomatoe...


No comments:

Post a Comment