Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the white "stuff" on my tomato plants and leaves, and how can I get rid of it?

If it's little bugs, then Mad_may is correct: aphids and you can wash them with water (they will come up again and you will wash them again)


If it's 'stuff', it could de spidermites web and you gently pass a sponge to get rid of them; or it could be a fungal disease!


If you are organic grower (and you aim to consume your own tomatoes) as I think you are, wet yor plants by spraying/sprinkling water abundantly and then spread/overcast sulphur powder; repeat the operation every 5-7 days or more frequently if you are going through rainy season or irrigation washes it.


Hope it helps, good luck!

What is the white "stuff" on my tomato plants and leaves, and how can I get rid of it?
Probably aphids, wash of gently with water hose.


No comments:

Post a Comment