Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Help with my tomato plants?

I planted tomato plants and they have been doing very well. They bloomed and have green tomatoes on the vines. We put Miracle Grow on them once a month. All of a sudden, the leaves are starting to turn yellow like the plant might be thinking about dying. I dont know whats causing this. I live in Northern Indiana and we have been getting LOTS of rain . Could this be from getting to much water?

Help with my tomato plants?
I live in Indiana too and we have had ALOT of rain. Fortunately where I live has a lot of sand in the soil and the excess water drains away. I would say that all the rain we have received is probably what is causing the leaves to turn yellow. If you have clay soils then I would say that is 95% chance what is happening to your tomato. Just wait it out for a couple of weeks to see if you get a dry spell and see if your plant starts to look better. If you get a dry period of a week or so and your tomato is still turning yellow on more leaves then try giving it a shot fertilizer with a 1/4 cup of epsom salts mixed in with it. This should green it up. Again wait a week or so if you get a dry week and see if the excess water is causing the problem then try the fertilizer treatement.





I also included a website about yellowing leaves to give you some other ideas about what may be happening.

shoe lasts components

No comments:

Post a Comment