Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is there anything wrong with my tomato plants?

I bought my tomato plants from Home depot about 1 month ago and started growing them inside in a pot and then moved them outside to my garden about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago and they have grown since then but there was one windy night that made them droopy so I broke off the top 3-4" and they seem to be growing still but the bottom of the plants are not as green as the top and the bottom is a little on the yellowish side. The top of the tomato plants have more leaves and are more green. I live in Minnesota and there have been some kind of cold nights and it has been in the mid 70's for the most part during the days. I water my garden every morning. Am I doing something wrong? They are also in wire cages to help hold them up better. There are no flowers on them either... Just leaves. There are some yellowish spots on the leaves towards the bottom. Some days are better then others for them. Please help!!! Thanks!

Is there anything wrong with my tomato plants?
This early I would plant new ones that have not been damaged by frost or by you.


You never want to top a plant unless you want to make it bushier, and any that are yellowing this early have been damaged by frost and shocked enough to really slow their development.


Those that are still in the nursery and for sale have not been damaged and will give you much better results than what you have, now.
Reply:Add a good garden fertilizer for vegie gardens. The leave will green up in 4-5 days. Fertilize every time you water with half strength to be sure you have strong healthy tomatoes.

shoe labels

No comments:

Post a Comment