Monday, February 13, 2012

Why is my green pepper plant falling behind growth wise compared to my tomato plant?

They were planted on the same day and they started out the same size, although it seems my green pepper plant isn't growing as well as the tomato.

Why is my green pepper plant falling behind growth wise compared to my tomato plant?
Peppers are just a different plant - they do not grow at the same rate. The pepper has a different root layout and may be working on that right now, but peppers are never as tall as the lanky tomato! Now it may not be hot enough for it, or sunny enough, which is one thing. You can feed them both with fish emulsion and it will make both of them stronger plants - though slightly stinkier plants. LOL


Anyway, no need to compare them, they are both taller than my pumpkin vines, I bet. ;)
Reply:Hi,





It depends on the varieties that you planted ... some peppers will produce quicker than tomatoes.





Also pepper plants, if not subjected to warm to hot weather will just sit in the ground and not put out much growth, where tomatoes will put out growth, but will not flower or fruit until it's night temperatures are reached.





Nature is very methodical!





Thanks for asking, for more information on plants, nature and gardens, visit my website at www.dagardenguy.com





Walt


www.dagardenguy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment