Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is stealing my tomato plants?

I've planted about 12 tomato plants and they're growing great, but yesterday when I went to water one of them was gone! The entire plant had been taken from the tomato wire. So now I've covered each of the tomato wires with a mesh and sprinkled moth balls everywhere. But again today I went outside only to find that another plant has be taken aaaaand another has been chopped off at the base and was left tangled in the wire stand. There are no holes to indicate that digging critters are responsible and we live in the suburbs so we don't have dear or rabbit. So what the heck is taking my plants and how do I stop it? any info is greatly appreciated...hopefully i hear something before all my plants are gone!

What is stealing my tomato plants?
Don't know how tall are your tomato plants... but there are a lot of pest who will destroy your vegie patch such as birds, rabbits, rats or the poutries you breed if you have one such as chickens, ducks, geese, or even wild deer if you lived nearbby Rocky mountain or Kangaroo if you live down under.


The best way to prevent another tomato plants disappeared without any reason, that you got to stake them up with sound sticks and tight them up from buttom to the top. Also cover with a wire net over the plants would be the best resort to make your potato safety. If you got tomato, you also got to watch out the squrrals to bit your fruits. So watch out your enemies. There are a lot watching your vegie garden...
Reply:best bet is to watch the tomatos all night from a vantage point


once you see the critter shoot him with a .22 or if your the non violent type call pest control


No comments:

Post a Comment