Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The leaves curled up on my tomato plants. Is there something I can add to the soil this winter? No poison.?

I heard it might be blight and adding sulfer to the soil now will help for next years crop. Is this truth or baloney? Is there something else I could add that is not toxic? Does adding sulfer make the tomatoes taste nasty?





Thanks for your time.

The leaves curled up on my tomato plants. Is there something I can add to the soil this winter? No poison.?
Sulfer would help and wouldn't make them taste any different. My tomatoes got blossom rot because we didn't get alot of rain and then suddenly it poured. I think causing them to get to much water to fast and my leaves curled like you described.
Reply:What I do is I add mulch (the one without dye added) around my plants, and then I cover it with plastic buckets and bury the buckets a 1/2 inch in the ground, so they don't blow away. I also sometimes put the Miracle-Gro water around the plants, so they can stay strong during the winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment