Sunday, February 5, 2012

After transplanting a few tomato plants in ground , the leaves on the plant started to turn white. My problem?

It sounds like your tomato plants are suffering transplant shock and sunburn. Before you put your transplants in the ground you have to "harden them off" by slowly exposing them to the environment where they will be living. You do this by putting them outside everyday. Increase the time that they are exposed each day. Start with about one hour outside and work up to eight hours. Then your plants can go in the ground.

After transplanting a few tomato plants in ground , the leaves on the plant started to turn white. My problem?
I think the hardening off paid off----I actually lost only 3 out of 24 different varieties---so far---but I have been hardening off...Thanks!!! Report Abuse

Reply:you should dig around it and put some of the slow release fertilizer or take a towel wet with miracle grow and put around it. your plants need fertilizer. and water everyday put some coffee grounds about six inches from them too.and old fish. trust me it works.

sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment