Friday, February 3, 2012

Deer are eating my tomato plants. How can I stop them?

Drive in wooden stakes around the outside of your tomato patch and then wind a string around with the stakes holding up the string then tie pieces of plastic shopping bags to the string. You can also attach aluminum foil pie pans to the string. This scares the deer away.

Deer are eating my tomato plants. How can I stop them?
Put a stake in each corner of your garden, then wrap twine or wire around the perimeter of the garden; wrapping securely around the stakes. Once your wire is on tie plastic grocery bags around the wire. Tie loose enough so they move freely. The noise from the plastic bags should keep the deer away. My parents have been doing this for years and they live in deer country.
Reply:I would make sure I had a dog, they will not only protect you, they will keep the wildlife away.


No comments:

Post a Comment