Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is there any thing around the house i can use to keep bugs away from my tomato and pepper plants?

Get one of those trigger type squirt bottles. Put a squirt of liquid dish soap in it, fill with water and some cayenne pepper. Spray them with that. Eco friendly, won't hurt the plants and the bugs won't like it. It also washes off so redo after rains.

Is there any thing around the house i can use to keep bugs away from my tomato and pepper plants?
get some 7 dust it works great!!
Reply:There is nothing out there that will keep bugs off of plants all the time. Bugs do what bugs gotta do. They bug things.





I tend to lean toward organic gardening and this year haven't had any problems with bugs. I don't mind bugs eating my tomato leaves as it's the TOMATOES I want them off of. I remove badly-eaten leaves and that often makes the plant grow new stalks as energy is no longer needed to grow the leaf.





What I do do is grow marigolds, mint and lavender around my vegetable patches. The smells of those flowers are not very attractive to most bugs.





Remember, you will NEVER be able to get rid of ALL bugs from your plants. What you need to focus on is keeping the bug population down to a manageable level. There are enough bugs in a garden that feed off of eachother!

sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment