Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pollinate indoor(greenhouse) tomato plants?

I live in a high altitude with still quite cool nites during the summer,I have a greenhouse I'm attempting to grow a few vegitables,early in the spring I had a few bee's and butterflys...but now it seems they've left for warmer climate.How does one pollinate indoor tomato plants?

Pollinate indoor(greenhouse) tomato plants?
my answer is similar to Luna's except I was going to suggest a Q-Tip.
Reply:You can take a small paint brush from the male to the female plants and pollinate them yourself that way. Or if they are close enough together, they will pollinate themselves, so sit a male and female plant next to each other and try that.





If you use the paint brush technique just gently brush it over some of the pollen from the blooms from one plant to the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment